“I am dedicated to the zealous advocacy of my client’s cause. My goal is to take on my client’s stressful decisions and life experiences so as to minimize the stress that they might experience. I am truly honored to earn the trust and business of every single client.”
Attorney Hinson is a graduate of Davidson College (NC) (B.A. Political Science 2003) and Florida Coastal School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2011). He has been practicing law across the state of Florida since 2011, based out of Northeast Florida. Matt focuses his practice on estate planning, probate, guardianship and real estate matters. He has experience handling cases involving multiple areas of law, including: probate administration, probate litigation, guardianship administration and litigation, estate planning (wills, trusts, durable power of attorney, living wills and designation of pre-need guardians for minors), contract disputes, landlord/tenant disputes, quiet title actions, easement disputes, personal injury, and domestic violence injunctions. Matt wants to be your go-to attorney; even if he does not practice in a particular area, he enjoys helping others find the correct attorney for their needs.
Aside from his legal pursuits, Matt is an active member of the community. He has previously co-chaired the Solo/Small Firm Committee of the Jacksonville Bar Association (JBA) for multiple years and remains an active member of the JBA. He is also active in local high school athletics. As an assistant track and field coach at The Bolles School, Matt has coached numerous all state student-athletes and coached 2 teams to Florida State Championship Titles (2014, 2016).
Matt is married to his wife, Casey (UNC Chapel Hill, B.S. Biology 2003), and they reside in Northeast Florida.
A Few other things about Matt:
- Davidson College – 2003 (B.A. Political Science)
- Florida Coastal School of Law – 2011 (J.D., cum laude)
- Eagle Scout
- Former Real Estate Agent (NC/SC)
Legal Membership and Activity:
- Member of Florida Bar since 2011
- United States District Court - Middle District of Florida (Jacksonville)
- Member of the Jacksonville Bar Association since 2011
- Co-Chair of the Jacksonville Bar Association’s Solo/Small Firm Committee (2013-2016)
- Prior Law Clerk Experience includes: Guardianship, Estate Planning (wills/trusts), Personal Injury, Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation, Criminal Appeals, Death Penalty Post Conviction Appeals, Criminal Law, Administrative Law, Contract Litigation.
- Prior Experience as an Attorney/Junior Partner at Jacksonville area law firm.
- Assistant Coach of Track & Field (Sprints) – The Bolles School, 2009 – present. 3 State Championships, 1 State Runner-up, 14 District Championships
Legal Disclaimer The information on this website is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. Consult an attorney for advice regarding your own situation. Contacting us alone does not create an attorney-client relationship. Do not send any confidential information to us until an attorney-client relationship exists.
IMPORTANT: THE HIRING OF A LAWYER IS AN IMPORTANT DECISION THAT SHOULD NOT BE BASED SOLELY UPON ADVERTISEMENTS. BEFORE YOU DECIDE, ASK THE FIRM TO SEND YOU WRITTEN INFORMATION ABOUT THE ATTORNEY’S QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE. THIS WEB SITE IS DESIGNED FOR GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY. THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS WEBSITE SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE NOR THE FORMATION OF A LAWYER/CLEINT RELATIONSHIP